Its surprising how many, seem to think they can’t cook anything or can’t be bothered. If you are travelling the chronic health road like us, fresh food is vital to keep the mind/body/soul strong. Like us, you won’t have the luxury of holidays away, day trips out to get fresh air possibly and you will still have people telling you to look after yourself!
How do you look after yourself though?
You achieve that by getting a fresh meal inside you every day, using the slow-cooker to again free up time to sit down with your feet up and switching the mind off.
Try this Tapas Style pork sausage meal, it couldn’t be easier and provides so much flavour.
- 1lb pork sausages (use your local butcher, far better for you and more helpful)
- 1 sliced onion
- 1 tin plum tomatoes
- 1 tbsp. tomato puree
- 1 tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 3 tsp crushed garlic
- herbs of your choice
- pinch of sea salt
- pinch of coarse black pepper
- any veggies you want to use up
- 1 apple sliced into thick wedges
- 1 pear chopped into wedges
- 100ml beef stock made with water
- Celeriac cut into wedges (please see previous blogs for the celeriac wedges, really easy to make)
- Place all the ingredients into the slow-cooker and leave the pork sausages until last, now add the sausages to the top of the veggies and turn the slow-cooker on low-medium for around 4 – 6 hours
- Once ready gently remove, turn the grill on and allow the pork sausages to colour. Don’t leave the grill, you only want a light colouring to them
- Remove and blitz down the veggies/stock to make the gravy
- Serve the sausages in a small dish with the herbed celeriac wedges and a splash of onion gravy
- Enjoy a tapas version of pork sausage, onion gravy and all low carb