How about trying a cauliflower/celeriac mash to top off your fish pie or even to join your Sunday dinner and knowing its going to be low carb?
We enjoyed this meal on Saturday night, a treat night for us and served again in a tapas for two style. It has also given me a leftover meal to use when needed.
- 1 small cauliflower (remove outer leaves and stalks)
- 1 small celeriac (peeled and cut into small cubes)
- 20g grated cheddar
- 20g butter
- Add the cauliflower & celeriac to a large pan of boiling water
- Boil until they are tender, around 15 minutes to give you an idea
- Drain the water from the pan, I always save a little just in case I need to soften the mash more
- Using your masher begin to mash the mix up, add the butter and grated cheese
- Mash until you get a creamy consistency
- Place on top of any pie of your choice or serve with your Sunday lunch
- Its a great way to get a creamy healthy mash and keeping away from the starch of the potatoes
- Enjoy however you serve this treat up